Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pizza Party


Who doesn't love pizza? I love all pizza--from Totino's Party Pizza's (yes, I still eat them, even after the recall) to gourmet thin crust pizzas with toppings like arugula and truffle oil. I love them all. And lately, I'm into making my own pizza. The dough is easy to make, and you can keep it in your fridge for a few days before using it. I like to mix whole wheat flour into whatever recipe I'm using. I also like to use less yeast sometimes, since my rolling and flattening skills aren't what they should be, and less yeast means less chemistry working against me. It's the perfect thing to have around as a snack. My favorite toppings are the classic Margherita: tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil. I use locally-grown cherry tomatoes and basil, just to make it special.

No comments: